- The Student's Book includes clearly defined topic and skills based units, as well as five case studies to push students to use the language and lexis they have learned in a more independent and creative way.
- The Student's Book CD-ROM provides an interactive glossary and class audio as an mp3 download, making it a vital extra learning resource for busy professionals.
- Real-world tasks and case studies encourage learners to draw on their own experiences to improve their communication skills.
- The class audio features a wide variety of global accents.
- The Teacher's Book provides a further 20 hours of teaching material through photocopiable worksheets and teaching notes, and tips for how to adapt material for 1:1 classes.
- A Macmillan Practice Online course supports the series, with over 100 interactive language activities.
Topic units focus on current business issues and everyday skills around three areas: work issues, such as stress and time management; travel and communication (with particular emphasis on the internet and IT); and company life, focusing on tenses (enabling learners to discuss routines, past experiences and future plans in relation to their work/company).
Skills units focus on acquiring communication strategies for a variety of work-related and social contexts. Functional language is presented and practiced through dialogs. There is lexical input but no grammar focus in these units.