Unique Features: FCE & IELTS
- Included with the Student's Book is personal access to dedicated Direct to FCE/IELTS websites (www.directtofce.com and www.directtoielts.com), with four complete computer-based practice tests, and a Grammar Reference section.
- Topic-based units cover all the skills required for all formats of the FCE/IELTS exams, with additional grammar and vocabulary development in the form of Language Focus and Vocabulary sections.
- A Writing Bank provides detailed practice of all task types found in the writing exam, with annotated model answers.
- A two-page Review section after every unit offers extra grammar and vocabulary practice.
- Help and Remember boxes give students advice on the key areas of the FCE exam.
- Exam Information boxes offer help on how to tackle various parts of the IELTS exam, while Tip boxes give guidance on answering specific questions.
Unique Features: TOEFL iBT
- Packaged with the Student's Book is personal access to a dedicated Direct to TOEFL iBT website, www.directtotoeflibt.com, with three complete computer-based practice tests, the full Student's Book answer key in PDF format, and downloadable mp3 audio files
Vocabulary sections help students develop their lexicon.
Exam Information boxes offer help on how to tackle various parts of the exam.
There is a particular emphasis on collocations...
... and word formation.
Tip boxes give guidance on answering specific questions.
Language Focus section in each unit, to revise and extend students' knowledge of grammar.
Grammar Focus boxes summarize the main points of the grammar in the Language Focus sections.
An important part of the IELTS exam is the verbal handling of data presented in a visual format: graphs, tables, bar charts or diagrams. Plenty of practice is given in this area.
The Language Focus section then refers students to the relevant part of the Grammar Reference area on the website: www.directtoielts.com
Students are directed to the Additional Material at the back of the book for further practice in certain exercises.
All four language skills of Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing are covered in each unit, with exam-style tasks.
Useful Language boxes provide phrases to help students with the specific task type in question.
A two-page Review section follows every unit, with exercises providing specific practice in the vocabulary, grammar (Language Focus), and Writing skills from that unit.
An Additional Material section contains extra activities to extend and practice what has already been learned throughout the course.
A Writing Bank at the back of the book provides focused practice on all task types found in the Writing paper.
Annotated model answers highlight the important features students should incorporate in the exam.