- The methodology reflects the cognitive development of this age group, with an emphasis on movement and receptive skills.
- Eight units cover familiar topics such as family, colors and food.
- Simple stories introduce the idea of sequencing and prepare for more complex concepts later on.
- One-per-semester Activity Books combine language and number work.
- Star stickers for each unit engage the children in activities and reward them for good work.
- Additional activities in the Teacher’s Book accommodate different lesson lengths and number of teaching hours, and different abilities within the class.
You and Me
- Language is presented through a variety of exciting actions and activities, including Total Physical Response (TPR).
- Reading and writing skills are systematically developed.
- Memorable songs and chants improve listening and speaking skills.
- Fun and easy-to-use craft activities help children to learn by doing.
- A Numbers Book for each level develops numeracy alongside literacy.
- Star of the Week certificates reward children for progress and achievement, effort, and behavior.
- Photocopiable assessment sheets help give children learning goals and monitor their progress in achieving them.