- Move is a flexible, modular short course, ideally suited to intensive study programs or longer courses with few teaching hours.
- The Coursebooks are split into three stand-alone modules, each made up of four teaching units and a fifth review unit. Review units consolidate language and vocabulary in new contexts.
- Each module provides a minimum of 15 hours of classwork, and contains its own Extra Practice, Wordlist and Grammar Reference pages, making it completely self-contained.
- Teachers can combine the core and optional materials to suit the teaching situation and their students' needs, extending the core material from 15 hours per module (45 hrs per level) to over 90 hours, with extra practice pages in the Coursebook; the CD-ROM; and the optional activities, additional photocopiable resources, and tests in the Teacher's Book.
- The CD-ROM is ideal for self-study and revision, and compatible with both PCs and Macintosh.
- Move is directly benchmarked to the CEFR descriptor bands. Learners can check their own improvement and progress with self-assessment checklists.
Topic units focus on current business issues and everyday skills around three areas: work issues, such as stress and time management; travel and communication (with particular emphasis on the internet and IT); and company life, focusing on tenses (enabling learners to discuss routines, past experiences and future plans in relation to their work/company).
Skills units focus on acquiring communication strategies for a variety of work-related and social contexts. Functional language is presented and practiced through dialogs. There is lexical input but no grammar focus in these units.